One month already gone in 2016 and with February arriving swiftly on our plates, it’s time for me to dish out another charity to promote on my blog for the month. If you missed my last post you can check it out here where I talking about Mind for better mental health! Mind is an amazing charity that aims to get everyone who suffers with mental health issues the support and respect they deserve. Definitely a worthwhile charity to check it.
However, February’s charity focus is on The Children’s Heart Federation; a charity dedicated to helping children with congenital or acquired heart disease and their families in Great Britain and Northern Ireland. Congenital Heart Disease (CHD) is the most common birth defect in the UK. Thousands of babies are born with a heart problem each year and hundreds of children develop a heart condition at some point after birth. The Children’s Heart Federation (CHF) is the leading UK children’s heart charity and the main umbrella body for British CHD charities and voluntary organisations.
What They Do
CHF give heart families direct support by:
- Giving information and advice on our telephone helpline and via our factsheets, publications and website.
- Providing grants for medical equipment and giving financial assistance for specialist care needs.
- Organising family support activities – including respite trips and weekends away.
CHF educate professionals and the public by:
- Advising policy makers and service providers on how the needs of children with heart conditions should be met.
- Supporting research projects across the globe to help make the future a brighter place for children with heart conditions.
- Campaigning for improvements in health, social and educational provision for young CHD patients.
CHF support our member groups by:
- Coordinating partnerships and organising group work.
- Providing ongoing support, advice and information to existing groups.
- Empowering new and emerging groups with information, advice and direct support.
- Organising training and group activities.
Info line – 0808 808 5000
If you find yourself wanting to help this amazing and worthwhile charity, you can donate by either clicking the DONATE button or by texting CHFD02 £YOUR AMOUNT (eg. CHFD02 £5) to 70070
Make sure to follow my social media!