Being British, I naturally love a full English breakfast. However, they aren’t always the healthiest option to have in the morning and as a Bridesmaid in a wedding that’s fast approaching, greasy food just isn’t really an option for me. So I decided to try a healthier version and it was so delicious I just had to share it.
1 can of chopped tomatoes
2 Turkey Rashes
1 tsp. Garlic Powder
1/2 tsp. Oregano
1/2 tsp. Mixed Herbs
1/2 tsp. Parsley
Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven and cook according to instructions. I used Quorn sausages, as they are really low in fat and taste so good!
- Grab a small saucepan and simmer the chopped tomatoes for 5-8 minutes.
- Add in your garlic powder, mixed herbs, parsley and oregano. Mix together well. At this point, you could also add in onions, mushrooms or any other veggies you fancy.
- Add some oil to your frying pan, or to make it extra low try a one calorie cooking spray. Cook your turkey rashers for a couple of minutes either side.
- Fry your eggs in the same pan as your turkey rashers, which is what I did for this photo because it looks prettier. (#BloggerProblems!) Alternatively, which is my preferred method is to place the raw eggs into the simmering tomatoes and put a lid over the pan, leaving for 5-8 minutes until the eggs are completely cooked through. This will poach the eggs and is a great way to cook eggs if you want to avoid oil.
- Wack it all together and tuck it. If you’re more into the whole mixed in all together thing, you can always chop the turkey and sausages up and mix them in with the chopped tomatoes. Trust me, it tastes amazing!
I love enjoying this for breakfast, lunch and even brunch. What’s your favorite thing to eat for brunch?
Make sure to follow my social media!